Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012!

This is my first post for 2012.  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's Eve.  My hubbie and I went out dancing for the evening.  It was so much fun - we just don't get out enough.

Just before Christmas I sewed some pj bottoms for my husband for Christmas.  To stay "green" I chose some LL Bean flannel that I had in my fabric stash.  I used to worked at a fabric store, Famous Labels, in Tacoma years ago.  I had purchased that flannel way back when, and had just enough to make the pj bottoms.  Unfortunately, the flannel was off-grain and I couldn't straighten it, so I cut each leg out separately to ensure that the plaids matched.  More time consuming, but the end product was well worth it.  Needless to say, he loved the pj's and he didn't know I had made them until I asked him to look for the garment tag :)

Have you ever had one of those projects that is simple, but takes forever to finish?  That was the second project that I finished this past Sunday.  I started a black cashmere and mohair scarf last October for a good friend 's birthday.  Well.......it turned into a happy birthday/late Christmas gift.  Better late than never, right?  She was very pleased with the scarf.

I hope 2012 has been a good start for you.  I wish you a very happy and prosperous remainder of the year!


Hubbie's pj's




Friend's scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment