Thursday, February 23, 2012

Holmes County Ohio

 I had such an incredible trip last weekend to Holmes County Ohio, that I'd like to share about that for this week.

I spent four days among the Amish and Mennonites in Sugar Creek, Walnut Creek, Kidron, and Dalton, Ohio.  I've never seen so many horse and buggies!  We visited fabric stores, quilt shops, hardware stores, a tool expo, and of course, too many bakeries. 

I think my favorite pictures are those of clothes hanging out to dry.  The Amish wash clothes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, using a pulley system that goes between the house and the top of the barn.

This is a shorter post than usual because of the pictures I'd like to share.  Enjoy!


Ready to plow the field




Outside auction at Kidron, Ohio




Quilts for sale at Millers Dry Goods- Charm, Ohio




Crafts at Millers Bakery




Amish clothesline





Bakery purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment