Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pierre, the Cat

I realized this morning that I have not introduced our cat, Pierre, to the blogging world.  He's been quite interested in my weaving projects and sustainable fashion books (see pictures below).  

I used to foster kittens for the Pierce County Humane Society.  A little over 4 years ago, I cared for two male kittens - siblings.  They looked quite different from one another, and my husband and I fell in love with them.  That was the end of my fostering days.  Unknown to us, Pierre was mostly a Norwegian Forest cat.  He developed tufts of fur between his paws and in his ears as well as growing a long bushy tail, somewhat like a squirrel's. His brother, Whiskers, was a short hair with beautiful markings and a quiet, shy personality.  Sadly, at 15 months, Whiskers was diagnosed with cancer and didn't live much longer.

Pierre has been the most affectionate cat I have ever owned.  Actually, at times he acts more like a dog.  He greets us at the door when we arrive home, flips over, and wants his stomach petted.  He frequently takes naps with me; or maybe I do with him.  It seems that whenever I am reading one of my required course books, writing a paper, or working on a project such as weaving, he decides it's lap time.  Recently he decided that the cubby hole of my desk was a suitable area for viewing my progress.  Why the name Pierre when he's Norwegian?  As a kitten, he would come running and stick his face in any wine glass that happened to be placed on the coffee table.  We thought a French name suited him perfectly!


Pierre viewing table loom




Pierre in the cubby hole



Latest pin weaving progress


No comments:

Post a Comment