Friday, August 3, 2012

My Son's Wedding

A week from tomorrow, my son will marry his sweetheart!  She is such an awesome young lady and I look forward to having her as a part of our family.  My husband and I will be flying to Houston, Texas next Thursday.

It's been an ordeal finding a dress.  I could have made my own, but decided to concentrate on developing my sewing business instead.  I found the perfect dress a couple weeks ago and ordered it knowing it would just fit perfectly!  Well, of course, it fits great in the waist and hips, but the bodice gaps in the front - not really giving the modest look for mother-of-the-son :)  So......I'll be working today on making something work with the bodice.  I hope to ease it with some elastic, but if not, it may mean taking some tucks, or......

Lesson learned.  I needed to search much earlier for my dress. 

Here's the link if you'd like to take a peek a the dress - I really love the style and color!


http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&storeId=301&langId=-1&productId=502909483

No comments:

Post a Comment