Thursday, November 15, 2012

Exciting Changes!

Well, I looked at my last post yesterday and couldn't believe the date was in September.  I guess it shows how busy I have been, but it has been exciting the last two months!

I've been working on a career path that has been a dream in the making.  When I graduated in June, I had a friend ask me what I wanted in my perfect job.  I replied, "Sustainable business, helping women in need, travel, and fiber arts."  That seemed like an odd combination until late last summer. 

I've been meeting with the director of a new organization that goes to the poorest areas of the globe and trains 10 - 40 people in how to start a business.  It's been found that it's better to teach a person a skill than to just give money in order to help them out of poverty.

I will be one of the instructors that teaches the skills of entrepreneurship to these people.

Currently, I am working to raise funds to go on a trip this coming spring to India, Nepal, and possibly Bangladesh.  Because I believe in operating as sustainably as possible, I am making organic eye pillows and reusable coffee sleeves for sale to help fund my trip. 

If you would like to purchase either or both of these items, please contact me.  A donation is also very much appreciated.

In the upcoming weeks, I'll post my progress and also some facts and related pictures about what some of the poorest of the poor are facing in everyday life.



Organic Eye Pillow  - made with organic lavender and flax seeds.  These pillows induce a peaceful rest and block out the light.  I have used one for years and love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment