Friday, September 30, 2011

September 26 - Two Young Men

 I am sitting here on a Friday afternoon at my daughter and her husband's house, reflecting on this past week.  They live about 60 miles from me and I offered to house sit for them while they vacation in Maui.  They just moved here, so it's fun for me to go out exploring.  Tomorrow, a nearby community will have it's semi-annual city-wide garage sale day.  I hope to find more sewing and knitting supplies for Needlecrafts for Charity.

It was another fun meeting this week, but then, every week is fun with this club.  For the first time at Needlecrafts for Charity, there were two male students that attended.  Thanks for showing up, Jacob and Lee!  Both learned to hand sew and did a great job. Thanks to the new ladies that attended also :)

A big thanks to Sarah from California!  I visited my post office box on Wednesday and was  surprised with a box of circular knitting needles and a gift of $10 to help with supplies for our "Days for Girls" project. I'm so thankful for the many gifts our club has received from the generosity of others who care.

Now for my big news - I will start teaching classes beginning next week.  I have taken a 3 year break to attend college, and now that I have only 28 credits to take over the next few quarters, I can offer knitting and sewing classes again.  I'm offering for the first time a Knitted Market Bag Class and a Hand Sewing Class.  Please contact me if you are interested, or if you someone who might be.



No comments:

Post a Comment