Saturday, April 28, 2012

Finished Sampler

I just finished my woven sampler yesterday!  It's by no means perfect, but I like the different colors and stitch patterns.  My next project will be a woven necklace worked by pin weaving.  This is done by placing a paper pattern over cork board, pinning the silhouette, then warping the thread between the pins.  It should be an interesting project and another method to learn weaving. 

I've been reading sustainable fashion books for my other portion of my quarter contract.  The mass production of clothing didn't begin until the mid-1800's.  That's the time when sewing machines and factory looms were invented.  Fabric was so precious before then, that many individuals willed garments to future generations for the purpose of reconstruction. 

Our last (so sad) official Needlecrafts for Charity meeting of this school year will be next Tuesday.  Fortunately, several club members will be in Tacoma this summer, and plan to keep meeting. 

Have a great weekend!


Finished Woven Sampler


No comments:

Post a Comment