Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Work Continues......

What a great week it's been!  We have 5 individuals knitting (and 1 crocheter) on the kids' chemo caps.  I love experiencing all the excitement with this project.  We moved to the Student Union Building on campus and it was so much more lively than the old classroom setting.  One tip for circular knitting: when casting on, cast on an extra stitch and then knit the last and first stitches together on the first row.  This will allow for a much stronger join.

Weaving has been fun.  I'm experimenting with different yarns, colors, and stitch patterns.  It's a very relaxing activity and I've gotten a rhythm going.  I love to play classical music while I work the shuttle and heddles.  My cat is enjoying the time, too.  I think he's become a classical music lover!

Enjoy your weekend!


Kim and Heather knitting in the SUB





Latest Weaving Patterns



No comments:

Post a Comment